Monday, January 14, 2008

I did not make semi-finals

And I expected as much.

I got a polite e-mail stating I didn't make it. But I also did not get a feedback sheet, nor was there promise of a feedback sheet. I personally feel that Kairos NEEDS to give feedback sheets because one of their goals is they want to be taken seriously as a contest among contests. Feedback sheets are part of being taken seriously.

I will get in touch with that other woman I met at a writers message board who was a contestant in prior years. She implied that in past years there were indeed feedback sheets. So I will see what's up this year.

3 comments:

Mercurie said...

I'm very sorry to hear you didn't get into the semi-finals. And I am rather surprised that they didn't include a feedback sheet. I would have thought they would have.

Dube said...

Hey! I entered Kairos also, and didn't make it into the semifinals. I also didn't get a feedback sheet. Were we supposed to receive one?

John Elder Robison said...

Have you thought about working with some of the film and music festivals throughout New England? If you want to move into this field, those might be good sources of contacts.