Saturday, April 21, 2007

Second bits of feedback on my script from people

Okay, some MORE feedback just arrived this morning. My reviewer said:

Take a deep breath! Writing quality is pretty good, close to excellent in many places. I wouldn't be surprised if you told me that you have major writing credits. I'm not asking -- I'm just telling you how your pages read.

Truth to tell I was hoping I could suggest an easy way to shrink your pages but it's just not that simple, you're not a particularly wordy writer and your style is already pretty succinct. The story arc (from what I've seen) doesn't invite easy breakdown and restructuring.

So, let's at least get down to the trivial stuff.

The previously daunting task of trimming down my screenplay is getting even less daunting with all these positive reactions. And I've even been able to move the end of Act 1 from page 80 all the way back to page 60. So progress is being made.

No comments: